Re: audiovault, suggesting or asking for specific audiodescriptions

Few things here:

Using a moral argument to debunk a legal one usually doesn't work. So the "it ought to be legal" argument doesn't actually make something legal. As it happens, I believe that everyone should have equal access to media insofar as that's possible. This means that if the sighted have to pay ten bucks a month for it, then so should we. I mean, we could make an argument about the average income of a sighted adult vs. the average income of a visually impaired adult, but we -really start to nitpick there. But no matter how strong my belief is, that doesn't grant me license to break the law. If I do break the law in this regard, then I must accept the potential consequences. Maybe it's permissible. Maybe it's letter vs. spirit of the law. Maybe no one will know, and no one will get hurt. Fine. But don't pretend you aren't violating copyright if you use the vault, because at this stage, you absolutely are.

I also want to come back to that equal access thing. The vault offers for free what a lot of sighted people actually have to pay money for, unless they, too, want to break the law. Just take a sec to consider that.

Now, do I hate the site? Absolutely not. Do I think anyone who downloads a single copyrighted asset or torrent is awful? Again, no. Not a bit. I just think this whole attitude of passing the buck because it ought be okay is silly. Just accept that what you're doing is breach of copyright, and live with the consequences.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arkandias via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector