Re: audiovault, suggesting or asking for specific audiodescriptions

I believe the ADA covers some of this.
However, it is not a retrograde document, I don't think, which is why a lot of older buildings and other things aren't forced to upgrade, or, when they are, are given a very broad time frame in which to do it.
And I agree that this should have been done since the beginning. I am totally down with this.
But...um, it wasn't done since the beginning. That's life. Women didn't have voting rights in the beginning. People of colour couldn't eat or even sit with whites in the beginning. Those things are awful, but they're done. We can't wipe away history.
Some of the movies and TV shows and stuff that don't have audio description are because it would be a legal tangle to add it. In some cases, it's absolutely because it would cost more money when the franchise gets little or nothing back. How can you tell a capitalist to do something out of the goodness of their heart when it will cost them money? That's half the problem.

In a perfect world, all of our media would have optional audio description, and that's just for starters. All of our buildings would be wheelchair-friendly. All of our public transport would be service-animal friendly as well. We still have a long way to go in a lot of ways.

I guess my point here is that most of this is just sophistry, because I feel like even if this were all true, 60-75% of you would probably still use illicit services to get stuff for free because...well, free stuff.

I guess just don't pretend that this is an access issue. You want what you want, and you don't want to pay for it, by and large.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector