Re: audiovault, suggesting or asking for specific audiodescriptions

@jade, there are a bunch of ways, removing the drm is not the only way. Not to give anyone any ideas... but here goes, as an example,
Let's say I buy a audible book. On my pc I go to there sight, load the book, and before hitting play, I open goldwave, select internal speakers as recording device, hit record, then go back to the sight, press play and... well, leave the pc to do its stuff. Granted, there are far, far better apps to record audio output of your computer, audio hijack beeing a great tool, although I don't use it to record stuff I shouldn't, although i'm very tempted to at times.
Also, while you lose a whole lot of revenue if people strip the drm and pass stuff around, you just just as much if not more by protecting stuff with drm. You lose customers who have had it with owning drm protected stuff, plus, they lose a whole lot of money, given that said drm will be removed by someone anyway and posted out there.  They should just... Having the records of who bought what and when. Using this, if, say, I buy, a book, share it with Jade, they could check a their records and see if jade bought it legitimately or not.  Then the next step would be to sue said person who distributed copies of said book. Drm has its place, such as in streamable services, but on stuff you buy? No. This actually generates the piracy instead of preventing it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector