Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Okay I've not been keeping up with all of the postts in this topic, but I have read the last few.

I confess, my lady's relatives in the states have mentioned this "conspiracy of blaiming china, which seems bonkers to me, especially considering how well China has actually coped with the virus, indeed for myself, I find it a hopeful sign that in China the rate of new cases is decreasing and the measures which other countries are putting into effect such as social isolation etc actually are having an effect. If anything china shows the rest of the world that there is a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, and credit to them for that.

In Britain, on the one hand things are getting moderately crazier at the moment in terms of panic buying and most businesses now being closed, on the other, I'm actually surprised how well a lot of measures are! being put into place, from supermarkets highering extra staff and declaring certain shopping times for certain vulnerable groups like the elderly, or useful people like NHS workers and delivery drivers, to increasing measures enabling people to work from home, whilst the government is putting cash aside to help with redundancies.

Obviously, things are pretty grim, and the predictions are getting rather grimmer, from a predicted death toll between 20 and 250 thousand. However, on the plus side, the panic buying is slowly tailing off, and people just seem to be coping with things, indeed  some people are doing nice things in quite a small way, for example, some people are going shopping for eldily neighbors who can't themselves.

I am worried about both of my parents who are over 65, and desperately worried about Mrs. Dark, since she's just finished radio therapy. But on the other hand, my parents are both medics and quite able to practice good hygiene, and we're being as careful as we can, not taking stupid risks, washing our hands very regularly, avoiding contact with strangers, and being careful with shopping, indeed I bought a cupboard full of tins and dried goods and stocked the freezer three weeks ago, and at the moment will only need to go shopping for fresh things, which I will do given I'm less at risk than my lady is, and even then, as little as possible.

Oddly enough, whilst I'm certainly concerned about the virus, I don't feel panic at this point and am confident we can and will get through this, indeed my lady and I are probably better able to cope emotionally and psychologically with social isolation, ---- hay we're used to it, and introverts rule!

it will certainly get worse before it gets better, but the important thing is to remember that it will get better, stay calm, and do what needs to be done, and that's exactly what we, along with hopefully a hole lot of other people, are trying to do, as opposed to stupid social gatherings, panic buying, or even worse,  a game of pin the blaim.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aryamansingh via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Wes Hollow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rwbeardjr via Audiogames-reflector