Re: LION, NVDA universal subtitle reader and more

Simba, I'll have profiles on the roadmap for the next version. Currently, there's a duscussion about integrating LION in NVDA, so this might not be necessary, as plain NNVDA profiles would work.

Hijacker, make sure you switch to full screen in vlc. Cropping pixels from above could also help.

Alisson, great. Actually, an anime  was the reason I write my first subtitle reading program. It used external subtitles, but it was more precise. Are you streaming one piece, or downloading it?
Detecting the highlighted item in a game is in a whole new league. This would require a custom trained pattern recognition engine. I doubt I'll have time for this kind of stuff.

Hadi, I intentionally disabled cropping for the other modes. DO you think it would be useful in them, too?
Do you have a better suggestion for the title? I had problems  formulating a description which is both concise and complete.
Thanks for the video, I myself didn't think such a thing was possible. Are you able to actually play that using lion, not only view the status of things? I'd also love to see how it works in fifa/mortal kombat.

Defender, the function I'm using should send text to braille displays, too. The only thing is whether people are able to read the text fast enough, before it gets replaced by another.

wightfall, it should work wiht no percentages in the beginning. Make sure you set youtube to full screen and maximum quality, subtitles are actually shown on the screen, and the curtain is disabled. It was recently brung to my attention that it interferes with LION.

The download link should work again. For the ones that the addon doesn't work for, you can see that it does work for others, so there should be a problem in your configuration.
Yes, it is really 5 kb, as it only uses parts of the NVDA source code.

Usage instructions are in the addon help, accessible from the nvda addons manager.

There were a lot of messages, so sorry if I missed something, please ask again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wightfall via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : David via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : angel_diva22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : angel_diva22 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamer95440 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arturminyazev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : gamer95440 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vortex1024 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector