Re: Getting started with native instruments in contact player in reaper?

@an idiot re: Eastwest, Short answer: Not without heartache.
Long answer: If you want one instrument at a time, with not much in the way of plugins? Have on. But the typical plugin chain, as I will expalin below, absolutely cannot run on 8gb ram and without a hyper-threading processor preferably.
1: Eastwest guitar
a. Hwaves -EQ
Waves H-Reverb
I have Guitar Rig as part of Komplete, but it isn't all that needed with their sampled guitars.
2EW Stormdrum3
a. H-EQ
b. either h-reverb or Abby Road plates
3. Piano, usually from either Sonivox, Waves Electric Grand80, or Digital Synsations depending on what we're doing
a. H-EQ
b. Possibly reverb, unless the built-in reverb on the piano is sufficient, sometimes it is, surprisingly.
On top of that, for raw recording we have v-Comp, and if I am mixing vocals we typically go for an excitor, the Aphex Vintage Excitor personally.
And finally, on the master bus, we have Abby Road Studio 3 as a control room.
All that plus the fact that Eastwest is not the most lightweight instrument package as far as resources are concerned, and you'll be surprised if shit even loads on an 8gb ram machine. Even without plugins, you probably won't be able to have more than 3 tracks before the system starts stuttering. My system specs are as follows:
model: xps15 7590
CPU: 6core i7 running at up to 4.1ghz, can hyperthread making that 12virtual cores
16gb (8x2) ddr4 ram
NVidia gtx1650 with 4gb of dedicated graphics ram, good for gaming, modern graphic-intensive web apps almost never crash
Bluetooth5, Wifi6, built-in fingerprint reader, decent stereo speakers
Windows 10 Pro
Price: $1750 as a business customer, plus free expedited shipping.
If you have a business name, just sign up with Dell as a business customer, at least in the U.S. that's all there is. Check with your distributor to see what else may be available. This is not an off the shelf item, they special-ordered mine so the whole make/deliver process took about a week and a half.
The machine I was working with before, a macbook pro2015 with 8gb ram and a core i5, choked when Garageband was loaded with stock instruments and a few instances of Abby Road/H-REverb. So yeah. Not gonna be optimal if you go down that road.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sightless Kombat via Audiogames-reflector