Re: Creepy Windows 10 surveillance

Anyway...  I think I satirically overdid 14, but the point still stands.  Data collection has been a thing since the dawn of time; the difference now is in how it is collected and how it is shared and even who it is shared with.  That techniques have advanced to the point and level where we are now is honestly amazing on so many counts.  Yes, it freaks me the blazes...
I've told this story elsewhere on the forum, but when I first signed up for google Plus it recommended three people two me almost automatically as people who's activities I should follow up on.  One of them was a close friend of mine, the other was simply a person I'd heard of but had never spoken to, while the first recommendation on the list?  Jason Alan.  Many of you may be aware, that Jason Alan, of course, is the guy who developed Entombed.
So, yes, I"ve been aware of giant company's data collection practices for quite some time now.  Why do they not worry me?  Simple: I'm not going to lose any sleep over what multi-billion dollar companies collect on me because, whoever my true enemies are?  They are not standing on the top rungs of a corporate ladder getting ready to dish that information out to the world to make me look like the greatest chunky funky monkey that lived throughout the past 32 years.  I've already accepted the fact that I myself will more than likely never be a millionaire let alone anything richer than that, that I'll probably never be taken seriously in political circles, that whatever advocacy I strive for will more than likely be limited and that more than likely it will just be more like seed planting rather than the harvest, and that my job is to influence people and push them forward rather than taking the front seat myself unless I absolutely have to.
But more to the point?  Unless I'm honestly doing something I houldn't be?  I really have nothing to worry about!  My screen reader could just as easily send that information out to someone if that were the case, as could any online gaming platform I've visited in the past decade.  If they're not bothering, I don't see what, precisely I have to fear from a tech giant that could have me wiped off the face of the earth, with or without my data.
Could they sell it?  Sure.  Could someone closer to me buy it?  Maybe!  Might I have to explain myself when someone asks why I listened to baby shark well over a thousand times?  Possibly.  Will there be a public tweet or post on twitter or FB I'm going to be ashamed of?  Nah, not really.  Call it naiveness, idiocy, ignorance; whatever you like, but I'm not going to hide under a blanket doing little less than nothing because I'm convinced big brother is watching me and he's going to turn right around and disable my phone the day I go out on an O&M trip trying to find a store or restaurant or bank or whatever.  My life is far, far too simple to be the target of nefarious schemes involving behemoth conglomerations and closed door backroom deals where I'm the center of attention.  Honestly?  AT this point, I'd almost welcome a bit of spotlight; hey, Apple, are you listening?  Spotlight!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : targor via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : colpick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector