Re: icecast and accessible source clients?

I used docker with azura cast, but I still suspect it is my connection. Still, I was finally successful with liquidsoap!
not the most elegant way to do things, but I followed that guide I posted above, and updated the syntax according to the official liquidsoap documentation I found out that the error was due to error in my .liq configuration script because I went to the folder where the .liq script was, using terminal, then typed
liquidsoap blahblah.liq
and got descriptive errors from the program, most of them were syntax errors. Stripping the file though, gave me clues as to what was working and what was not. I still believe liquidsoap really needs to improve their explanations of the stuff, but for me it was enough to make a folder called music in my home/name directory, upload some tracks to it, and then use the script like this:
beging content of file
# Music playlists
music1 = playlist.safe("~/music")
#I will take care of a default file later and this one has less tahn 10, although very long tracks so I'm good
#making it a safe fallible playlist for now
# Start building the feed with music
radio = random([music1])
#this creates a variable named radio and plays the folder in random order
# Stream it out
output.icecast(%mp3,
host = "localhost", port = 8000,
password = "WhatEverItMightBe", mount = "jam",
name="myStation Music Service", description="ultra blahblahblah", radio)

end of file content
When I did
liquidsoap blahblah.liq
it all worked. A bunch of messages were displayed with the status of each track and so on.
I went to my.host:8000/jam
using various players and it was playing, using the my station music service as the artist and unknown as the title.
I am sure that can of course be tweaked, but it works.