Re: Crazy party sound sourcing

I'm posting this in both topics to further Jayde's point. I know I had a conflicted view on this before, but I think I understand things a bit more clearly now. Do you guys remember This topic about a game I made using the Sonus GDE? If you've got the time, go through all the sounds and listen to them. Each and every sound in that game is created by me. For the robot speaking, I wrote the text in Balabolka using Robosoft 2 and saved it as an ogg file, so technically I did create those sounds myself. My point behind this is that you really don't need to use the sounds that everyone else is using to make a good game. The fact that you don't have sound effects created in a studio and can't afford to obtain them legally should not affect your ability to make a good game. Crazy Party has no excuses, especially considering how the community was ready to pitch in and help make the game more legal. In fact, it seems as if only a loud-mouthed 10% of the current player base would actually stop playing the game if the sounds were changed. If I'm being honest with you, those people wouldn't be worth it, given how they're probably the same people who rage quit in the middle of a game just because they're not getting their way or because you're trying to talk to them, or they join other peoples games just to troll. Digressing, there was no reason why the sounds could not have been replaced. Quite honestly, I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed that Pragma seemed to not care about the fact that this game could be banned from AGNet, and I'm especially disappointed that he said no even after people spent money to try to bring this project to life. At the end of the day, it's his game and he has full control over whatever he decides to do. Even so, I'm disappointed in him.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector