Re: Crazy party sound sourcing

I only have a couple things to say.  As far as I'm concerned the project is over.  Sorry to the people that paid for sounds but to be fare, you should have gotten Pragma's blessing before that, which is exactly why I held off my self.
I'm proud of everyone that tried to step up though.  And I hope that in the future we might have the chance to help out for real.

1. Jade can't be blamed for the mistakes of the past.  He wasn't the one who let games with pirated sounds slide, and he can't be expected to recognize all of the stolen sounds by ear or have played every game in the database either.  Even if you disagree with the need for doing this, you can't forget that it wasn't just him that decided, it was the whole mod team, so blame them all equally.

2.  Pragma has multiple communities to think about, not just this one, and while we may be a large portion of the players, it's only a subsection of us that even felt this was necessary.  Even if he had agreed to doing a separate soundpack and having us do most of the work, the already almost insurmountable task of finding, editing, and retranslating all of those sounds would have been made doubly as hard by the requirement for them to sync up with the existing soundpack in time and volume.  Chances were already high that this project wouldn't be scene to it's conclusion anyway.

3.  Reporting CP to Nintendo (a famously petty company when it comes to copyright) just to prove a point is a fucked up thing to do to someone else's work and all the players who enjoy it, especially considering that person isn't making any money off of that work.  Seems like a good way to shoot your own community in the back while sacrificing a valuable part of it, for a reason that, a month down the line will probably ring pretty hollow in the justification department.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Vulcan_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jaidon Of the Caribbean via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector