Re: how far have we really taken these rules on the forum!

@Jayde, lets play devils advocate for a bit though, shall we?  I mean, in the sake of unbiased neutrality blah blah blah?  I think you and I can agree CP is just a huge sound clone now... You've said it.
but, have you ever listened to graphic audio?  Have you ever noticed how a ton of what you hear sounds similar to things you've heard before?  That's because whether you're listening to GA books or stuff made by focus on the family or other reputable places that redramatize things, all of them borrow from the same stupid stock sound libraries, over and over and over again.  Yes, I'm with you here, CP is a huge sound clone; lets just call it a replicated wall of soundbits.  I guess the question I wish I could answer is, who should we place the blame on in this matter?
You brought up the point in 111 that AA would still survive if the mush-z soundpack were pulled; do you really believe that?  Do you think that the writing that has gone into AA would sustain those who have learned to live by all the sounds the text currently triggers and doggedly persist in playing just because its AA and it has enough original descriptions of things?
But on the flip side of the coin?  Dropping the copyright aspect out of the discussion for the time being, let me get just a little more personal with you.  Supposing this were perfectly legal; supposing you had no reason to consider this matter as an admin for ag net and you didn't have to think about whether or not all these sounds could get you into any kind of trouble because you're using them to play a game that I imagine did at the very least take a fair amount of time to code, and which others have played through to obtain its many unlockables and whatnot, would you still consider the matter of it being a replicated wall of soundbits an issue, or would you blissfully play?
Are you seeing what I'm getting at here?  Isn't it interesting to you, as it is to me, that we'll willingly shell out money to listen to a GA book or other such production regardless of how many familiar sounds it has in it, all from reputable stock sound libraries, and forgive them for replicating and re-replicating and hashing and rehassing it over and over again, but when it comes to a game that doesn't intend to make a million we're sitting around arguing on how much of an impact it makes on a billion dollar industry and whether or not we should rip it out of the hands of those who have it and have access to it and want to continue receiving updates for it, by discouraging its availability on a site that is dedicated to promoting accessible and more importantly, audio games?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : an idiot via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector