Re: The Synthizer Thread

We have Python bindings. You can pip install synthizer.  It probably runs on your machine, but maybe not, because I haven't tested it on anything but mine yet and have spent almost all of the last 3 days coding as fast as possible to get us over this hurdle. Incredibly minimal example here.

It supports anything 3.6 and later.  I'm not doing Python 2.

Now that said, you can stream wav to a source and move the source in a circle and that's it.  Also you probably have to read the bindings source code itself to figure out how to use the thing and if you don't use the initialization context manager and forget to shut synthizer down your app hangs on exit.  So, usable, no.  But it exists and I can release packages.

Unfortunately I don't have 32-bit builds for you.  I should, but something goes wrong in CI that I will have to fix, and that fixing will take several hours to a day.  For those who haven't done CI before, basically every tiny change is waiting 5 plus minutes to find out if it worked.  Since 32-bit is vanishingly rare now, I'm leaving this one until there's enough demand and we have something worth using and less it-technically-exists, plus if it comes down to it I can do manual releases by hand for major versions if I must.

From here it mostly turns into me adding features until it's worthwhile.  Fortunately most of that is 2-3 hours each and not a bunch of frameworky stuff like getting set up to do releases or doing lockfree concurrency.  Things should finally move faster in other words.  In all honesty you could use this in a game after mp3 and a proper 3d source as opposed to one you control directly, which are probably about 3 hours of work each, and a manual as to how to use it, which is probably another 2-3 hours, but this weekend is coming to a close and if I hack the rest of it away I won't be in the right mindset to work tomorrow so it'll probably have to wait.