Re: General fighting game banter

I enjoy mk for what it is also. A part of being able to enjoy something like that is to be able to separate fake from reality, separate my character's actions from my own, separate the worlds and stories within said worlds to what I find the ideal and optimal one to live in. Fighting games are my thing, and I grew up on mk. I know that the violence in mk is fake. I have enough of a conscience to know, restrain, not act, and to blot out such thoughts to any of my possible reactions to that which happens around me. Thus, when that filter is in place, I can fully enjoy it for what it is, however dark the story. For some people, that may be an issue, and that's fine if they want to avoid it if they feel like it is offensive to them. I find grand theft auto series offensive, so I dont touch it, killing innocent random people and all the profanity-laced dialog of that and other games just isnt my thing, but people put their hearts into building such a game and a world for others to enjoy, and I'm not going to dump on a game or its players for that, so long as they are able to apply a similar filter to what I described above to themselves. For them, gta5 isnt just another grand theft auto game, and as someone on the outside looking in, I can see how much the games in the series have evolved since the first was created back in the 90s. I always found the story about how it was inspired by a bug that popped up in am entirely different project amusing. Props to them for being able to take that inspiration and running with it, and growing such a simple concept into such a huge franchise both in gameplay and presentation.

I grew up listening to a lot of hip hop, got exposed to a crapton of profanity, sex, drugs, senseless violence yeah I know mk has violence but it really isnt senseless and you're not killing innocent people who cant defend themselves, but I mention this because it is the reason why I stay away from games like grand theft auto series. I no longer find those things tasteful. But suppose someone had a violent past and decided to turn a new leaf and wont play mk because it reminds them of who and what they used to be, that's fine! All the more power to them! I'm not going to crap over grand theft auto or the people that play it just because they dont line up with my tastes, because all that would do is leave a minefield of guilt trips for them to stumble over. Yes, I agree that there are games with more single player content than even mk which I feel is generally generous compared to other fighters, but its fine, and I'm actually glad that nrs followed the trend set by arc systems works by giving more story content to their games. Even if they left the ending as it was, that would have been ok, because at least it was enough to be a complete experience on its own.