Re: General fighting game banter

I don't find MK offensive in that way, but the blood and gore definitely has lost its novelty. MK is known for that because it was the bloodiest game to come out in the 90s and it's basically ridden that wave of fame or infamy, depending on how yu look at it. Fatalities and fatal blows are only fun to watch a certain number of times before they get really, really old... and the fact that there's no way to skip them is sad when you're forced to sit through animations that are so long. Super moves should be long, yes, but to a point.Not to the point where it takes you out of the game for a good 15 seconds, especially mid-match. Unless it's a game based off a long running anime series. Also the difference between NRS and acsys imo is that in acsys they talk about gameplay first, extra story content second. You can see this by watching all of the game interviews, whereas NRS prioritizes content. Neither approach is bad, just goes for a different demographic. But I agree with @123. It's good to be able to have a filter for your own tastes. If all my friends at a party wanted to play MK, I would probably play as well, if nothing else simply to join in. Whether I would enjoy it or not though is a different story. lol