Re: Using Slang is Homophobic now?

I think people digest the phrase visually impaired because it's what they come to think is more acceptable which is kind of stupid IMO, especially in areas where it's literally someone's job to give you a service, such as a waiter, etc. I also think it's why so many people don't understand that no blind people can't see lights and that there is a difference between legally blind and actually blind by itself. Blind is a dead end word. I'm blind, I don't see jack and shit. And that's why I use it because it's the truth.
No, we can't make people not be offended by something but we can logically explain why it may be stupid for them to jump the gun on a particular phrase. Sometimes the way they feel about a phrase highlights an insecurity they have with themselves, which is fine, you're allowed to have insecurities, but when you crawl up someone else's ass and take them down because they said something you don't like, that's idiotic.
If I'm gonna call someone something that may be unpleasant its for a reason and no one is gonna sit here and just take being called a cunt, no matter who they are, whether they did something wrong or not.
Also it's doubly annoying when you see people that aren't a part of these marginalized groups being the ones that are getting offended. I.E. White people getting pissy that an italian white man makes a goofy, exaggerated black pimp character, while the black people are like "dude, i'm black and I think it's hilarious." Or the straight people trying to chase down homophobia where ever they think they've found it. I'm not saying they can't fight for equal opportunity but they sometimes take themselves way too seriously and they probably need to go find something redeemable for themselves to do and enjoy life a little more.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector