Re: Galactic Colonies: Public accessible alpha version available

The Ios version just came through today, I wonder if it was delayed due to corona etc, and no, the test flight beta is now an older version.

I cant' speak to the issues people mention in the shop, but unfortunately weerd things still seem to be happening with timers.
Firstly, the game still doesn't seem to move my colony ship if I close the ap. I cant' speak for building as I've yet to start a new colony, but if I set the ship for a 20 second journey and then close the ap and come back two minutes later (I set a timer), the ship hasn't advanced.
I assume the same is for colony buildings etc, though I've yet to start a new colony since I'm afraid I'm waiting until some of the bugs are ironed out.

With research timers, things are weird.

At first, when I swipe to the "research" button I went "hurray!" because now it says as it should "16 hours 59 minutes remaining." However, when I open the research tab and look at the tasks, it claims I have something like 472 hours remaining. This was true both of my current task and of other tasks.

I tried deleting ap data and updating my save from the cloud, and when I tried the new version, the good news is that yes, the 16 hour timer (the one on the actual research link), the research timer does seem to be going down as it should, and whats' more when the ap is closed, however, when I open research and look at any of the tasks, I'm still getting that massive time (plus the option to complete more quickly for 4000 energy cells, assuming I had 4000 energy cells).

So whether it completes or not, and whether indeed the daily timers work we will have to wait 16 hours to see.

I really hope this is at least working.

On the plus side, I love the new audio minigame with asteroid destruction and the sound to destroy an asteroid! great job in tracking and design there.

I really hope the rest of the bugs get fixed soon.