Re: This title needs to go

What I'm about to say may be seen as slightly offensive, and for that I sincerely apologize. No offense or disrespect is meant, and I'll make every attempt to be gentle here. I have no issues with trans men or women. Actually I think something similar was said in another post somewhere, and it actually goes beyond transgender folk. So, crossing my fingers and hoping this doesn't degenerate into a flame war that the moderators have to extinguish. smile

I've been noticing a trend, not just here, but everywhere in general. We get minorities who feel or are actually being oppressed. Sometimes it's race, disability, sexual orientation (or lack thereof), etc. This is, of course, unacceptable. No one should be oppressed or discriminated against because of who they are. It's my belief that as long as they're not hurting anyone, everyone has the right to identify with whatever they want. It's no one else's business.

however, what I'm starting to take issue with is when people blatantly call for radical and unnecessary changes to things that are just fine the way they are. They want to be heard, great. They want to be treated like everyone else, great. They want to be accepted, great. But do we really, honestly need to change every single thing to conform to all these different gender options? Isn't demanding that sort of taking things a bit far?

The title of Playroom Playboy applies to everyone. It doesn't matter if someone identifies as male, female, nonbinary, or whatever. It's just a rank, and honestly I've never, ever heard anyone born the opposite gender call for a change to names with the word king, playboy, etc. Now, that doesn't mean that no one has; I've just never seen it here. In a perfect forum world, I could see gender options and dynamic titles based on whatever option someone chose, but really... Can't this just be left alone? Is it really that big of an issue, or am I just insensitive? I sure hope I'm not. big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector