Re: This title needs to go

Moderation:
Soren, your post constitutes a personal attack. Deliberately using Haily's deadname is pointless and serves absolutely no purpose. As such, I'm issuing an official warning. Mikes0916 did this yesterday; I'd have thought you would have seen from this example, and others. This behaviour simply will not be tolerated.

End moderation

My stance on this is somewhere in the middle.

A bunch of you are saying "this isn't a big deal" while simultaneously admitting that you don't have the experience to make that claim. In a big-picture sense, no it's not a big deal (Carter, your example of manage, manufacture and such misses the mark, I'm afraid), but clearly it bothers Haily enough that she doesn't want to see it. While I don't think every tiny little thing can possibly be catered for, this one is relatively easy.

My solution here would be to change Haily's title to something similar but less offensive to her, without actually changing the title itself. As such, it would be a custom title until she reached the next rank, at which point it would be set to whatever everyone else's rank is. This solves both problems neatly. It doesn't force a whole reorganization of ranks and doesn't directly impact anyone except Haily, but it does let her see a title that does not make her feel misgendered.
I do want to point out here that Haily's gender is something she has been wrestling with. By her own admission, there's been a lot of blowback in her personal life, and this is all relatively new. This suggests that perhaps her skin is a little thinner than it will hopefully become down the road; things which bother her now may not bother her later. I don't think any of us is really in a position to criticize her reaction too much.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : swigjr23 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ZK via Audiogames-reflector