Re: disgrace

The game is terribly racist!
I mean, you fight Romans, Spaniards, Greeks, Vikings, amazon warriors, American Indians, some sort of Chinese or Japanese opponent, (even though goodness knows what they're doing in ancient rome), not to mention several lions and tigers, and they're all terribly easy!

I slaughtered all of them with little to no trouble after I upgraded my equipment! This is incredibly unfair! I demand that the game be made absolutely impossibel to beat, since all of these racial groups are being horribly under represented, especially those Romans! I mean, this is a game set in ancient Rome, and the Romans are portrayed as blood thirsty war mongers who just want to see all people die in their arena!

After all, rome was an empire that spanned the hole globe and included so many races, surely it is possible for all of them to be equally impossibly difficult.

of course, this would mean that a player died on the first opponent, who I believe is roman, and so never saw any of the other races represented in the game, but they'd be there, even if entirely invisible.

Hmmm, would that be Representative or not? I don't know.

How about we just agree that the game is a rather romanticised version of a nasty historical sport in which you get to murder lots of people, and the developers did their best to give you a colourful cast of opponents to fight against, using their racial backgrounds to make them diverse and/or in many places  historically inaccurate), even if mechanically they're pretty much just sets of random attack factors stuck together that have no baring on the flavour text used to describe them and all are equally slayable big_smile.

I myself would be in favour of that option.

Actually, in general at risk of setting off a flame war, I liked the flavour descriptions and the fact that, even though from a mechanical perspective all fights are pretty much the same, dodge, dodge, dodge until your opponent is tired, then attack as fast as you can, rinse and repeat, the developers tried to make the opponents interesting by giving them descriptions and origin stories, even if some of them (EG the American Indian and the Chinese/Japanese fighter), seem more than a little odd for ancient Rome big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jack21 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jack21 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sovs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jack21 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Sam Smith via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BrendanGriesel1 via Audiogames-reflector