Re: Announcing release of Traders of Known Space

Lords of the galaxy was a nice idea with good sound effects but the balance in the game was so off it was unbelievable, sinse some planets just generated too much income, the ability to teleport anywhere ruined the monopoly game aspect and the exchange coins option which basically could double your money was a bit ridiculous, though I applaud Vip gameszone for the monopoly in space idea and I also rather liked the soundscape and style of the game.

Tks is a very different beast working on the map as it does, being a much more structured game. I can also see the similarity to tactical battle given the movement structureand the turn basis of the game.

As another comment however, playing a little more, one reason I realize why I had trouble with cargo diversity in my first game was that I kept forgetting how many units of cargo space each commodity took up. While I know this information is available in the documentation, it might be helpful to have this information availa ble somewhere on the planet menu. Perhaps hitting i on each of the resources in the buy menu gave you additional information about it (maybe reading the entry from the help). You might also considder having this command on planets on the map, sinse while you don't particularly need the informational entries from the help system on planets it would add to the game's atmosphere if you could get those descriptions of planet Darling and planet Vishnu in the game and thus had some idea of what sort of place your ship docked.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zseli via Audiogames-reflector