Re: Announcing release of Traders of Known Space

Well I had a slightly less epic game sinse I had a bad habbit of being warped streight into debris fields and solar flares which lost me a good few thousand points, as well as running into asteroids and wiping out all my fuel, still as my first complete short game I'm not overly disappointed in my score.

One thing I noticed is that though I spent all my cash on ship upgrades other than the fuel and cargo they didn't make massive amounts of difference sinse deflecters and integrity were still getting damaged at one gun per hit, Engines probably would've helped run away from any pirates accept that the one hostile ship I met after I started buying upgrades ran away from me! big_smile.

I agree with Frastlin that more weapons would be nice, also something to do with them, ditto with the other upgrades, eg, perhaps stronger deflecters or engine avoid damage in so me encounters, or maybe you could use that upgraded gun to blast asteroids out of your path or disperse clouds of dark matter with concentrated laser fire.

Indeed, I would've liked to see a little game change in content as things continued, sinse as it stands while I enjoyed my short game I don't really see practically why I'd want to play a longer game given that I wouldn't be doing anything that different at 30, 45 etc years to what I was doing at 15, just hauling around larger amounts of cargo. Perhaps Frastlin's stock market and land idea could build into this though to be honest I'm less in favour of that idea sinse while land development, factories etc could be interesting I'd prefer to save that for your planned exploration and expantion game, and I've never really seen a stock market in a game that I found contributed to interesting gameplay or really required you to do more than just buy something at low price, hang around unti l it goes up and sell it at a higher one.

For later game activities I'd myself prefer something a little more dynamic and based in space, such as maybe asteroid mining, planet  teraforming to get drugs etc, or heading to battle fields to grab salvage.

I didn't personally mind the numbers system myself sinse holding the right arrow for about half a second was enough to max out each comodity.

Statistics for Playthrough of Traders of Known Space - a free game from Valiant Galaxy Associates, on Version 4
The game lasted 1 hours, 49 minutes and 42 seconds and ended on Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 10:37 PM - The player beat the game! woohoo!

In a career spanning 15 years (short mode), the player accumulated 530 credits.
At career's end, the envy of all space merchants was trading in a vessel with the following capabilities:
Integrity: 10 / 10
Engine: 10 / 10
Gun: 8 / 8
Deflector: 10 / 10
Cargo hold: 140 / 140
Final score: 43930!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zseli via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector