Re: Shooter XT - Open sourced 2D Sidescroller Shooter for BGT beginners

OK, let's say I was running a living skills workshop for blind people. I wanted to teach them how to do do laundry. I'd need some clothes, a hamper to store the dirty stuff, a washer and dryer, a dresser, and possibly a closet with a hanging bar and hangers.

I could start with the finished product and let them check out the dresser, but would I take the time to fold everything neatly and put things that belong together in the same place? Probably.

It wouldn't make sense to ball everything up and shove it in random places. I'd probably find some scheme that would work with the dresser I had. Maybe underwear and socks in one drawer, T-shirts in another, long-sleeved shirts in another, and jeans/trousers in another. I'd hang hoodies and sweat shirts, as well as dress shirts and slacks.

Where this analogy breaks is that you have the possibility to build your own system, or your own dresser, as it were. But that hasn't happened, instead, it's like no one took the time to set up the workshop and now it's starting and these people are wondering where everything is.

In your own code, you can do whatever you want. I actually think most code written by blind people that I've ever seen is messy to one degree or other. But when you're doing an open source project, and trying to make it a teaching tool to boot... Yeah, it kind of doesn't work.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dungeon Diver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : john_weed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector