Re: Why do so many people use Sendspace and what is so great about it?

Chris, I have been and am a paid Sendspace user, and I think the advantages of Sendspace outweigh the bad. Now as I understand it you are running Sendspace as a free user, and that is why you are running into some of the limitations you are. That said, I think for $9.99 a month you get a really good file sharing service that beats Dropbox hands down.

For one thing let's talk about space. If you share a lot of files regularly the way Blind Mice do instead of the 2 GB you are given with Dropbox for free Sendspace gives the paid user nearly unlimited space to store and share files. I think the most I had on their at any given time was about 100 GB which is much more useful if someone wants to share a lot of files.

I don't know why the Wizard isn't very accessible on Mac OS, but on Windows it is totally accessible. You can create folders with it, upload files with it, and of course download multiple files at a time with it. Unfortunately, as you found out th e Wizard is only really for paid users though.

The thing is as you are likely to need to download many files at a time the Wizard can do that making the downloading of a lot of content faster than with Dropbox. Plus you can pause and resume downloads which makes it possible to stop a download for the night, power off your computer, and resume where you left off the next day. This is obviously a major advantage over dropbox if someone isn't using a third-party download manager which can pause and resume downloads.

As Dark pointed out it is fairly accessible as far as their website goes. If you have a free link to a file it is still easy enough to find the download link for the file where as other file sharing services have all kinds of adds, counters, and other stuff in the way so that it makes it a real bear to find the place to start the download using a screen reader. Sendspace's free download pages have some adds and stuff, but nothing like some of their com petition.

Finally, as for the speed restriction I can and do see why that might be an annoyance for a free user, but seriously I think you are being a bit impatient and a little petty here. If you really absolutely don't want to download the entire series at 80 KB the only thing you can do is pay Sendspace for one month of service, it is only about #$9.99 for a months service, and you can get the entire series without any restrictions. Either that or fined a friend who has Sendspace Pro who would be willing to download it, zip it up, and put it on Dropbox for you.