Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Also, someone who's going through chemo or radiation is in no fit state to fight off that virus in any meaningful way. As stated, hospitals are not great places to be unless you absolutely must go there.

Accman, the only relevant piece of your latest post that I'm going to focus on - because the rest is a waste of my time and yours - is this.
You say that I should do what makes me safe, and you'll do what makes you safe.
That's not right. I'll do what makes me safe. You'll do what validates your political opinion and makes you feel good. We've already demonstrated over and over that masks are better than nothing, by a good margin, when it comes to the stop of transmission. This means that by refusing to wear them, you are increasing your own risk of being infected, and increasing the odds that you pass the infection to someone else, whether you realize you've done it or not. After all, your news source, which is dubious enough as it is, doesn't actually say that people without symptoms can't pass the virus. Learn the difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic; there's a reason this whole field of study actually contains experts instead of armchair warriors.
In other words, cut the crap. You aren't increasing your safety at all. Your self-righteousness, maybe, or your peace of mind, sure, but not your safety. That ship sailed the moment you put your foot down about not wearing a mask.
As I said, if the mask fits, just fucking wear it already.

Game. Set. Match.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bookrage via Audiogames-reflector