NVDA Just Stopping on An HP Laptop

Hello. Writing in for a friend who is having an odd issue. At times, while utilizing NVDA on this brand of laptop, NVDA just freezes and refuses to speak. it needs to be reset when it happens with the short cut. I'm trying to figure out what might be resulting in this, and thought someone here might know what might be up before I go to the NVAccess list.

Will yank up the HP model in a bit when he replies to a text. the only unwise thing he has on his computer is Macafe or whatever it is called. Now, my misadventures with some other virus and malware scanners used to ravage NVDA. I'll see if anything might contribute to the cause of the weird freezes. the rest of the computer works fine.

At least it is not every 5 minutes. Just a random event every hour or two.