Re: Here's Why I'm Inclined to Believe Rory and Others

@66
I'm 28. I've been programming since I was 12.  I know about software licensing and piracy.  And that particular thread isn't the first time someone's made stupid joke programs or tried to distribute viruses or whatever for fun, just the most recent.

People like TheTrueSwampGamer can flat out admit they have and are learning from stolen code and nothing is done.  And if something had been done it would have sparked a controversy about how mods are dictators or something.  This community has trouble with something as simple as stolen code is bad.  There are moral gray areas with piracy, but this community isn't in them.  Tell me I'm missing something with piracy when we can all agree that stolen code is bad and support the mods if they do something about it, not before, and maybe I'll listen.  I'll even agree with some of it.  I know the long list of "but piracy isn't evil" points already.

But irregardless that doesn't change whether it's legal, which with respect to what we can and can't discuss on a public forum is the more important factor.  And it's not like there aren't other issues.

I find it sort of telling that me pointing out these particular issues has made you angry, honestly.  You need to grow up some.  If you go further down this road, you're just going to make my point for me. You kind of already are, and you kind of have in the past.

If you want another issue, we have a homophobic and transphobic contingent and a "The coronavirus isn't real and all the news is fake" contingent.  If I went down off-topic or general games discussion I could probably find a few more.  But I was sticking to the stuff that should definitely not be controversial, that we should all be able to agree is bad without even thinking about it.  But apparently we, or at least you, can't, so have a couple more things I consider bad lest you decide that I'm 1-dimensional and don't care about things beyond piracy and virus distribution.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sightlessgamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NevEd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector