Re: Who's excited for July 21ST?

Not sure this is the place to submit feedback, but I'll put this here in case it surprises anyone else like it did me:

Resuming a game doesn't appear to be supported at all. I got about 30-45 minutes in and had to put it down, thinking I could come back later. Having done so, I only have options to start a new game. I also didn't reboot the console, thinking that the game would hang around in memory, but it was apparently killed off at some point.

I realize this is only a demo, but it's surprising not to be able to save and restore, even if only with a single slot. There doesn't seem to be much state to save, either, since progression seems pretty linear, and I don't get the sense that health persists between individual stages. So a save system for the demo would only need to persist which level you're on, how many coins you have, and maybe a bit more global state than I'm missing. Then either give an option to resume, or to start a new game.

Anyhow, neat concept, but I'm probably not going to replay the first 30-45 minutes to get back to where I was unless it changes pretty drastically past the point where I lost my progress. I made it to the inn where I had a choice of quests. Does it open up much at that point, or still basically spawn you into a self-contained area to perform some task? If the latter, I think I've seen what I need to for now, and would rather not get back to that point to find out.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ThirdEyeAccess via Audiogames-reflector