Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

It's not inconsistent, actually. They aren't going into Canada. They're playing all of their games in a minor league stadium in America precisely because they can't go to and fro across the boarder. Our government decided that not only do they not want the Jays doing it, they don't want a whole pile of other American teams doing it either. This leaves the Blue Jays at a pretty steep competitive disadvantage vs. basically all other teams, as a minor-league stadium is smaller and less equipped to deal with a major-league team. I spent thirty seconds being annoyed at this, then realized we were absolutely right to shut them out. Baseball is not essential.

I'd also like to point out that you can't invalidate a doctor's credentials purely because he doesn't happen to align with your political beliefs. Oh, and a fifteen-second nip over to Snopes - which I generally trust to be pretty unbiased - tells me a few things about the Faucii incident.
1. The people near him are part of his inner circle
2. The photograph was just that...a photograph; we aren't talking about long-term continuous video where his mask was below his chin
3. The ballpark is an outdoor stadium, and health recommendations say that outdoor gathering is a bit safer than indoor gathering
4. Fauci tested negative for Covid-19 literally the day before, according to a statement he made
5. There is a water bottle clearly visible in the photo, and Fauci stated that he was lowering his mask to take a drink of water because it's hot and they were outside

So if you stack all of those things up, what it looks like is that someone found a photo and wanted to raise merry hell because a proponent of social distance and of the wearing of masks appeared to not be taking his own advice. On closer inspection, however, I think we find that this is just another example of people trying to glorify an apparent mistake to suit a narrative.
Source:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci … ball-game/

Try harder. Or maybe just don't. I'm hearing that desperate bottom-of-the-barrel scratch again.