Re: considering getting a payed swamp account

Yeah I think 1.8 to 2.6 was the heyday of Swamp.
And the player syncing is really cool...  Or would be if the missions where it would work the best ever got ran or if people still played the way they did in 1.8 to 2.6 instead of tanking with a shield while running endless patterns and using extreme volume adjustments to give them a major edge, or running across entire maps with all the speed and masking perks maxed to grab a bunch of rare items for hours a week rather than interacting with other players.
And sure you can trucksit for dozens of levels and essentially experience Swamp on fast forward and then get bored and drop the game within a few months because you've seen nearly everything there is, but I can not understand how that would be enjoyable, nor why so many experienced players have no problem with making it happen.
It's sad really what Swamp is now in comparison, and allot of it is unfortunately because Aprone listened to the players.

I know I sound like a butthurt old man reminiscing about the good old days, but I won't apologize for it because they really were just so much better even at their worst.
I look at most of the people who spent allot of time on Swamp in the last 2 or 3 years the same way I look at the people camping for hours in areas where special items spawn in StW just to be the guy who grabs the hundredth bike they won't use, or how I used to look at the people who would spend every waking hour collecting bitcoins for a thankless team of newbie killers in Redspot.
It's just mindless gathering of useless virtual items while avoiding simulated dangers for the sake of abusing a dopamine hit that evolution gave us as a reward for seeking out food, no different really from having allot of mindless sex or smoking shit tons of weed every day.
Sure it's fun for a while but after the thousandth time it just becomes pathetic, and the people who would continue doing such a thing even after it's barely enjoyable any more (likely in order to avoid thinking about real problems) aren't usually the best type to be around, go figure.

I've got no doubt that a new player can still have a fun time, but since you can only pay for a year at a time at first, and the popular thing now is to be carried hundreds of levels without developing your own skills (something which we used to collectively frown upon but now seems almost to be encouraged by the community) it's unlikely that most players will even stick around for more than half of that.