Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

@62: Yes, if someone wants to go blind, they should be allowed to do that IMO. If you want to do something with your body that doesn't harm other people, you should be allowed to do that. I also believe assisted suicide, for example, should be allowed but that's another subject entirely. IMO it wouldn't be a smart move because we live in a sighted world and that's not going to change any time soon, but if that's what you want to do, go for it I guess. And yes, it's largely a social issue for me, although not entirely. A lot of it is being able to play video games not just for the social prospects of being able to talk about them or participate in them with your friends, but just for the entertainment prospects. Part of my reasoning for wanting to drive would be to easily meet up with friends, but most of it is just because I want to go places and would prefer taking a car that I own to them. There are plenty of examples in this thread that aren't social.
Also, nobody is forcing anyone to do anything, unless you mean retroactively applying these treatments in babies, or whatever. If there were no more blind people, I guess there would be no more audiogames, which IMO would be fine. Why would there need to be? Mainstream games are like 20 years ahead of our most advanced ones, and developing in parallel is a waste of time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector