Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

@61: yeah, I basically see refusing as leaving money on the ground. I worry about things that might come with it because I know what living in my head is like. Fixing this one thing by itself, without fixing the other things... I could probably cope, but, like, the kind where I'm not sure?
@64: You know, of the three drop-routes they gave me at LCB, I mostly liked the first one and was kinda "meh" about the other two. The first one was an adventure. The second was just a long walk because apparently that weird texture sound on Alabama Ave extends a mile past Tech Drive. And the third was lame because I'd already found Lowe's before so immediately knew where I was (I heard the intercom while passing by while looking for someplace else, and went in to check the address). The first one, though, they just dropped me off in a tiny parking lot in the middle of the woods on some obscure backroad I'd never come within a mile of.
The "find this address" assignment that originally led to my finding Lowe's, though, does demonstrate a #blindproblem, though. I found the right block, and the right street, but there was a shared parking lot with the driveway on a completely different road. I have no idea how I was expected to find that out. There wasn't anyone reasonably close to ask. I finally just picked a spot that sounded clearish, and charged up the hill to see if there was a way to reach the parking lot that way. I don't remember if I left the same way, or actually found the driveway on my way out. But yeah, I still have no idea how I was supposed to guess that the driveway was on the perpendicular, and a sighted person would have known immediately, and even if I had only the sight I had in the 1990s, I could have seen the parking lot and just did what I wound up doing an hour earlier.
Which is to say: this is like the second or third time I've heard you suggest that independent travel in an unknown place is impossible. I felt that way and whined about it a lot on this very forum, then tested the limits experimentally (and would have done it sooner if I had more conscientiousness than a stump), and, empirically, I can just ask Siri or Google Maps just like everybody else, and not need rescuing ... at least 2/3 of the time. And Indianapolis was my own damn fault (but the panicking civilians didn't make things easier). ... And also empirically, I still ran into "how was I supposed to figure that out blindly?" things on occasion. I can't tell if I'm splitting hairs or not, here. Sorry if I got this completely wrong hmm

This feels weird. Like, in 2013-14, I was complaining about how you basically had to be some kind of demigod to overcome such and such problem. Then I overcame said problem. So either you don't have to be a demigod, or I am a demigod. I don't think it's the latter. I think maybe I'm unusually visually-minded or something? It'd explain the travel skills, and the geometry, and the platformers, and the intermittent attempts at doing things with graphics. Eh, I don't buy it.

Ugh. Can a GP prescribe Adderall? I feel like I'm making more ADHD-addled narcissistic posts than usual. Oh, hey, if I wasn't blind, I wouldn't have Medicaid, would I? ... What insurance would I have now, and what would I have had 5 years ago? Hmm. Well, whatever it would have been, it wouldn't have had the restriction about not being able to get stimulants when neither employed nor a student.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisfaelnar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector