Re: ways to earn some money?

If you are in the right place and the laws are friendly, you can get your hands on a stand mixer and do upwards of 20 batches of cookies a day with a standard home oven. Make the dough in the morning, then it's just shifting trays in and out all day long.  But being able to sell them depends on way too many local circumstances and if you already have a social network.

Making candy of various sorts is also doable, though you need advanced cooking skills to be comfortable with molten sugar.  But the cost for doing it is very little, 99% of the ingredient list is literally giant bags of white sugar.  But some of it can ship across the country very well.

I've never personally executed on either of these plans, so I have no idea how to market.

For an odder one, there is a market for interesting bongs.  Some friends and I played with the idea of doing them in bamboo and beeswax, and as far as I know it's a good idea: at the time, equivalent versions were selling for around $100, and it's like $20 of materials each.  The downside is that you have to be able to source quality bamboo, which turns out to be harder than it sounds.

Edit: selling for $100, not $10. Damn the missing zero.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : makenan53 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector