Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

Camlorn, I have an infinite list of blindness stories unfortunatly. I can add blindness combination hearing loss stories to them too. Let me share some college blindness stories.
The vending machine. So our dorm had this vending machine to buy sandwiches and snacks. Of course, because of my fucked up blindie sleep schedule, and also pulling all nighters, I didn't always have the option of going there with a sighted person. So I memorized the numbers for some of the things  I liked. These numbers would constantly change, insuring I got snacks I didn't necesarily want or like. Also, when you typed a number with an empty shelf,  the shelf would rotate  initially, and you could type another number, or if the item got stuck, you could put more cash in, and try and buy another of the item or alternatively,   you could shake or slam your shoulder into the machine to dislodge it. Of course, as students found a way to abuse it, they removed the ability to try again  if a shelf was empty, so for example, if you typed 41, and 41 was empty, it would eat your money. I lost dozens of turkish lira that way, even if you average the free sandwiches I got in my first year when retyping the number when items got stuck. Not a single sighted probably ever lost any money, due to seeing what was on what shelf.
the cane
So I was crossing this gym parking lot entrance, which was just on the curb. I was with a friend, and this fucking moron ran over my cane, and when I say ran, he ran c The wheel of the car made one complete rotation on my cane. My friend screamed, and then  you know what that idiot did? He reversed, and ran over my cane again,  while I was holding it The metal was so badly warped,  one of the personel in charge of building maintenence was helpful enough to fix it  almost completely with a small hammer. That guy could have easily ran over my foot, and if I were sighted in that scinario, I wouldn't have needed a cane, and probably could've gotten out of the way too.
and a home blindness story: The smoke detector.
So I wake up at 6, and the house is freezing, so I decide to light the electric heater for the first time. However, smoke shoots out of the vents, and the smoke detectors start blaring. I spent around 20-30 minutes trying to find where it was, and then spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out how to turn it off. God knows what my neighbors thought of me. Not to mention the wheeled chair I stood on rolled out from under my feet, and ı nearly crashed to the floor. Again, sight would've allowed me to pinpoint the location of the detector, and at least fan it and make it stop.