Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

@986, I really hope it doesn't result in millions dead by bullets either, but I also hope it doesn't result in millions dead by the various other ways we can kill one another -- tanks, nuclear weapons, etc. And I don't think that way that you pointed out, myself -- I'd never do any of that, but I also understand where your coming from. But the revolution is, indeed coming, and we're literally asking for it to come. The pandemic has just aggravated the wounds, so to speak. Soon something else is going to come along that's going to start the revolution. What it will be, I have no idea, but I really, really hope we don't pull out the really big guns when that happens. As for the argument of black people, you do have another good point.
@985, you really don't think the gov would try taking away other amendments if they managed to get the 2A repealed, all for more power? Because if you think so I think your caught in a delusion. In many ways the fourth amendment is already gone. The government violates it regularly all the time under the Patriot Act. And now, with the protests and such, you could argue that the first is being violated too. Granted, the protests are usually violent, but that's not always the case. Either way, that's two amendments right there, one of which is being violated and the other of which is probably a 'maybe'. If you take into account what the Patriot Act does, then you could say the gov already violates the first amendment. So it wouldn't surprise me if particular politicians started lobbying for the revocation of other amendments if they managed with the 2A. Perhaps the slippery slope argument is, indeed, a fallacy, but do you honestly believe that the gov wouldn't go for others if they succeeded with one of them? They may not even go for the repealing of them -- but they might just go for the more stealthy approach that they've been doing and passing laws that are unconstitutional but are passed all the same. To me, such things like power grabs like that are utterly disgusting, and the only real way to stop it is to get your hands dirty. Maybe the revolution that's coming will get us headed down the right path. Or it might make things worse. Who knows?