Twitch and chats

Hello everyone!
So I've recently started to use Twitch again, not for streaming but rather watching some people. But I'd have a question because my problem makes twitch really unconfortable to use.
So I was watching one of my favourite guitarist, but the chat was so filled with messages that I just couldn't move in the window, because NVDA kept reading everything automaticaly from the top of the chat. I also wanted to write a few messages, because he was asking us many things, so if it's possible I wouldn't disable chat.
How could I get rid of it and still have the chat enabled?
Thanks in advance.