Re: Accessible games that can be played on Linux without wine.

Hello,
the accessible version of XBoard is also worth mentioning for fans of chess and other board games.

Sound RTS technically is available for Linux, but it was unable to use speech dispatcher on my computer, so I was out of luck. I don't remember though, whether i read the readme, but probably yes, as I don't see other reason than Sound RTS to have a Python version 2.7 installed.

And other similar games such as TopSpeed should be theoretically too, although I didn't try it, so don't take it as granted.

Quentin works also very nicely, the web version is as smooth as the native client for Windows.

There is also a DOS emulator called Emu2, which runs DOS programs with a standard text output. Its author was very responsive when I posted an issue with absence of ability to set encoding and added the feature quickly.
it kind of works, depends on concrete game, I wanted to give the developer a richer feedback as this was the most accessible program I've ever seen to play DOS text games, but because I rarely play anything and my example games are in Slovak or Czech, thus hard to examine by someone from different country, I didn't do so yet.

Best regards

Rastislav