Re: How the hell do I stop rocking?

Hopefully this hasn't been said already, but here goes:

You have 2 options as I see it:

1. Work to stop completely. Wear a hat with a bell on, or - if you spend lots of time in one place - put something in front of you, so rocking means you slap yourself in the face.

Ask people you trust to give you a signal when you're rocking, like a cough, an obvious sniff, or a touch on your shoulder or arm. Could be a word they inject into the conversation. Shouting at you is just going to make you feel worse I'm thinking.

2. Carry on doing it, but in the right places.

I have a friend who's adopted option 2, and he's quite happy with it. Rocking relaxes him, and obviously it's not actually hurting anyone, and in fact has given him a killer 6 pack (I guess if you're going to rock, make the rock work for you).

If you're going with option 2, just make sure you know where you can and can't be seen (or heard, since it can be audible through floors), and rock to your heart's content.

Remember that glass is at worst translucent (lets in light so your outline - if not your features - can be seen), and if you've got the light on you'll stand out like a saw thumb in the dark because the light in the room will illuminate you.

Also, if you're behind something like a curtain, make sure that A: it's not sea-through, and B: the wind of your rocking won't disturb the fabric. According to my mum, it looks like the person on the other side is pleasuring themselves haha.

Sighted people talk with their hands, or they flick their eyes around a room. How many places have you been where the TV's on, even though nobody's actively watching it? Everyone needs stimuli of some kind. If you're blind, you just can't check out your surroundings passively.

I used to be all "rocking is awful". Now I think of it like scratching your arse: There's nothing overtly wrong with it, it's just not a great idea to do it in public.

Whatever you decide, be happy with yourself.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : JasonBlaze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector