Re: The Vale (final?) Demo

Defender +1,
and to be perfectly honest the wining about the blind tropes is getting a bit old.
It's a game, bloody enjoy the game, chil relax and don't take offence at every small miner thing that you maybe like omg, people are gonna think x y z about blind people because of ABC in a game, guess what, they don't need a game to be thinking such.
The listen around and describe it to me that people harp around so much on, my friends tend to do the same thing and I don't mind because I know they don't mean nothing by it, and if you are being pedantic that's exactly what you are doing anyway, listening around, unless you can see, then you really ought not to be offended by such.
Because of all the bullshit about this, like I said in my previous post, they have actually toned down the dialogue so much besides the obvious bits that it feels a bit forced and not natural, now.
  That describe it to me, a princess would be actually expected to order people around for, and if you were to stop and think for a moment is for the picture of the current scene, and not such a big deal as it's made out to be. but people tend to rize in arms about the littlest of things these days.
  Defender in 182 puts it the best imo, and I'd say not just for excerdus but most everyone else as well.

defender wrote:

I can understand if you don't personally enjoy the game, but if you can't at least keep your cynicism within the bounds of reason, I'd appreciate it if you would at least refrain from ruining the chances of potentially better games in the future by alienating the kind of people that might actually bring audio gaming into the 2010s.

Is the combat system in The vale something very new and extraordinary? no. but have the developers done a good job at it, made it both challenging for people that enjoy such, and easy for people that are new to gaming or may have not played audio games in the past?
definitely 200% yes.
It has a lot more than bop it, from what I have seen anyway, and I for one enjoyed the demo quite a lot.
Grryf