Re: braillenote touch and braillesense u2, which one is better?

The *only* thing the old notetakers have for them is formatting. Yeah you all can fall asleep now, I get it.

So, with the old Braille Note MPower and Apex, if you opened a document in the word processor, or a book in the book reader, it actually showed it in formatted braille! Headings were at the center of the display, no stupid formatting symbols which just makes braille feelable speech from a screen reader. Italics, bold, underline, it all was shown in braille formatting depending on what braille code is going used. I mean, it was amazing!

Of course, now we have great Android with its pitiful accessibility API's, and a lazy Humanware who can't even add auto-scrolling to the braille notes now because ... well some European markets didn't like it and what? What's this "boolean" "toggle" thing you speak of? We've never heard of that! So yeah, it seems like Humanware have just gone down the tubes, or been Splintered by Odium, or something really bad because they just look extremely lazy now. Italics? No matter what braille code you use, its always just $i. Heading? Just $h1 or something. It's turned braille into a drab, lifeless experience. And they could have freaking just storming handed it all off to Liblouis as XML or HTML, or Duxberry because Dux has to have some way of reading this crap to turn it into formatted braille! Rust and Ruin they could have! But no! Now braille is little more than, as I've said before, just a written representation of what the speech says. No life, no formatting, no spacial feeling of actual freaking text! We don't even get paragraph indentation anymore! Then again, we don't get that in Braille Extender addon for NVDA anymore for some reason, so maybe there's something going on there, but still! We had this in the MPower! 2001 era tech! And they took it away in 2019 era tech. I mean, it's crazy. You'd think braille tech would get *better*, not worse!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : soren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector