Re: New Maschine leaked, Maschine +, standalone

Agreed with 22.  It's kind of like the difference between playing a song and playing music.  A lot of kids will come up to me and ask me hey, can you teach me to play "insert name of song I think is cool here" on guitar?  I'm like, more than likely, I can.  I can teach you how to play the melody.  I can teach you how to play the chords associated with it.  I can probably teach you how to combine those if you have the patience.  But that's a longshot from learning music.  I reiterate what I've said elsewhere, learning to play a song is not the same as learning to play music, but if you learn to play music you'll be able to play a song.
I do not believe NI made their pproduct with the new musician in mind.  In fact, if you're just getting started with music, I personally, wouldn't recommend it.  I'd say that you should keep it super super simple, because the more you get, the more you're going to be distracted by.  When you have experience under your belt, that's a wonderful thing because you can turn those distractions into projects; tons and tons of projects!  I can lay down a track nowadays that has nothing to do with what I was originally working on just so I can keep the idea on my PC and so I don't forget it entirely, so that I can come back to it later.  As a beginner though?  You don't want that!
So what do I suggest?  That'll depend on a few things ranging from your age to your tastes in music, from your willingness to learn to how much time you personally have in your daily schedule.  Anyone interested in music would benefit from having a cheap but good sounding upright piano in their house, but if you're not into keys that'll be absolutely useless to you.  so what are you now and what do you want to be?  How do you want to get there and what are you willing to sacrifice to do it?  I started out with a crappy keyboard someone bought as an afterthought  when I was 2 years old.  when I hit the grand I was six, and then I discovered something super bad... I had no real strength in my fingers.  That meant I had to take time off electric keyboards and start really, really working on grands, uprights and acoustic models in general.  Fast forward; I'm 11.  I picked up the guitar for the first time.  OH dear!  This hurts!  And my left hand, it really sucks!  Lets put the keys on the back burner for awhile.  A year later, violins and cellos.  OW!  Hey!  It's blistering!  And why do I have to deal with this proper bow technique again?  That hurts my shoulder!
The point is?  Music can hurt on all levels!  It's not for everyone, just as coding is not for everyone, just as cooking is not for everyone, just as athletics are not for everyone!  The real shortcuts come along when you apply yourself to something for a very long time and then, because of your understanding of that something, you discover there is a quicker and easier way to get it done!  That's what KK is really all about!  If you listen to people who have recently acquired it and who had already been doing music for awhile without it, the reason you'll hear them praise it is because of what it allows them to do now that they were probably able to do before, but now they can get it done faster!