Re: soundStrider, exploration game and relaxation tool

@75

Oops. Quadruple post. Sorry that I missed you, musicalman!

Thanks for taking a risk and checking out the game! What I can say about the game and its intended experience is to explore at your own pace; you'll take away from it whatever you put into it. It intentionally has no obstacles, objectives, or achievements. I wanted to create something that provided a relaxing escape that could be played after work, before bed, or between more intense gaming sessions. It's about the journey.

Anyway, I'll happily answer your questions:

1) Strafing is walking sideways. It's just another way to explore. If you strafe left while facing north, you'll continue to face north as objects move from left to right. If you combine strafing and turning, then you can walk circles around an object while constantly facing it. This is easiest with a mouse or gamepad.

2) In adventure mode, the compass is only active when you have an active quest objective. After completing a quest you'll need to locate the next one on your own. Fortunately they're not very far apart (a minute at most). Your strategy of walking in random directions is definitely a valid way to play that I encourage.

3) The worlds are disconnected entities. You may find similar sounds, but no two worlds exist in the same spatial or musical configurations. By using bookmarks you can fast travel between locations in any world. The only thing you can't do is take your progress in adventure mode from one world to another without starting a new one.

Enjoy!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : germanico via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : shiftBacktick via Audiogames-reflector