Re: The Synthizer Thread

There's probably a crate, but if it's a one-liner, I don't want to pull in something heavyweight like uom which ships a million or so unit types and conversions. And, yeah, I think Ethin got it. The formula you included was the one I already have.

But, fuck a duck, I'm now hitting this:

  = note: libsynthizer_sys-c0bb8d3a41ad8734.rlib(c_api.cpp.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value
'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in libtolk_sys-28bd1e19fcea6207.rlib(Tolk.o)

Trying to use Synthizer with Tolk, which certainly makes me *want* a toke. Pity I'm out at the moment. Really a pity.

Is there any way to make Synthizer link dynamically? Do I *want* to? This isn't even my first battle with Tolk this month. I almost wonder if it's time to just ditch it. I mean, screen reader support is great, but Tolk seems to be chopping off text at 325 bytes for no reason I can determine. At some point I have to stop diving down all these plumbing rabbit holes and start making games, and my WinRT TTS support actually works and doesn't give me all this grief.

Sorry for the tangential rant. Was looking forward to closing out my birthday week with a bit of Bevy hacking, and now that's looking unlikely. I don't have the stamina to dive into trying to fix Tolk right now, which I suspect is at issue here. I mean, Synthizer seems to link fine with Bevy, which pulls in a whole bunch of DLLs. The failure happens as soon as I initialize it *and* Tolk. Think it's time to step back from this for a bit.