Re: The Synthizer Thread

@229
Your formula is the one to go from a scalar gain to db.  And in audio the reference level is 1 so that just goes away. So you end up with 20*log10 gain to go to db, or 10**(db/20) to go to gain.

@230
Are you sure that you're handling strings correctly for Tolk? If I recall, that was the issue with Synthizer, and if you're not, that might be why it's chopping off text.  Regardless, you'll need it eventually.  it's not the greatest library, but as far as I know many people have used it without a problem and I'd be surprised if it turns out it's chopping off text and no one knew for years.

It would be relatively trivial (as in no harder than binding Synthizer at worst, and certainly no harder than having done Tolk) to bind NVDAControllerClient yourself.  There's an official distribution but I don't have the link.  Jaws is a bit harder--for that you have to call a COM object.

Synthizer can build dynamically but I'm not sure why Rust cares here.  Read appveyor.yaml and follow the code through; CI builds it that way.  If you can't figure out the Synthizer side I can help you more later when I have time to pick apart things I haven't touched since I got them working.

@231
Microsoft publishes official WinRT projections to Rust now. Googling for exactly that can find you info on it.  You won't be doing xaml uis anytime soon, but calling tts etc. is now translate some official Microsoft docs from C++ to Rust and install some crates.