Re: Faith and christianity

[ a-t ] kamochek:
Personally, I'm inclined to believe that it really doesn't matter who is restoring any kind of Christianity, and that the question you should be asking yourself is what is your relationship with God like.  Let the various denominations and diverse religious sects quibble among themselves, and focus on yourself and doing what God calls you to do.  The rest will fall in line in time as God's will shall be done on earth as it is in heaven.

@Dark:
The very idea that Marry would in fact have any power to intercede on behalf of humanity is unsupported by biblical scripture.  if we are to literally take the bible as the word of God, Marry had absolutely no more right to believe that she held more power of persuasion over Jesus than any of us.  John chapter 2 details a wedding Jesus and his disciples were invited to and did attend.  After the whine ran out, Marry came to him, armed with the knowledge that he was the son of God and probably hoping he would do something about it.

"They have no more whine."  She said to him, and without missing a beat, he calmly replied, "Woman, why do you involve me?  My hour has not yet come."

This is not an apology, nor is it even an acknowledgement of his awareness of the issue and his planning to do something about it.  "What in the world does this have to do with me and my godly agenda?  Why are you telling me about this?  My time, my work truly has nothing to do with this materialistic nonsense, and even if it does to any degree, it's not on your timetable that things are going to get done!"  After that, Marry told the servants very clearly, "Do whatever he tells you to do."

This is yet another reason I do not believe the catholics have it right, though again, it all comes down to how one views biblical scripture.  If it is simply a guidelin e rather than the literal word of God, then goodness only knows why the crucifixion of Christ matters so much, as there were quite a few other people within biblical scripture who suffered just as much, if not more so than he did in a physical sense.  if it is the literal word of God, then Christ has made it clear that he is the only way, the truth and the light, and that no one will come to the father but through him.