Re: is coding in python easy? just interested

I was thinking in the general direction of a spatial hash myself after the first huge dose of this (it wasn't a spatial hash exactly because I tried to come up with it on my own). Then I decided that was too inconvenient and settled on the memory inefficient technique of using 3D arrays; the objects are still objects, just stored in each "tile" they overlap. This only works for fixed objects, of course, but 99% of objects are likely to be fixed in most games anyway. This will probably wind up pointless if I try to use Box2D (recreating physics from scratch is just tedious), but for now I think what I'm working on can survive on aproximations.
(But if I pick up Sonic again? Definitely moving to Box2D. I've always suspected the original concept was just a physics simulator on a blue ball, then they turned the ball into a hedgehog.)

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : thggamer via Audiogames-reflector