Re: Farming, Homesteading, and Rustlin' up them Tradin' Skills

You know, I can relate with post 7.  Perhaps the real reason I haven't branched out, particularly when it comes to online text games is simply that, the fact that I feel so alone in a sprawling world, but reaching out beyond the bounds of being a solo player seems so taboo because hey I'm a whiny bastard asking for help and oh, what's your name, btw?  How are ya?  It's not like socializing in person, where you can at least somewhat feel the vibe of talking to people live and see what, if any, their reaction is to you.  IN text, everything just seems so cold and practical.  I never thought about it.  I love how sometimes seeing someone else's post can shed a bit of light on your own nature and cause or give you pause to reflect on how you deal with those situations.
The greatest example to date for me is Alter Aeon,where I've hardly asked for help on anything, but people ask me for help on everything.  Sometimes I'm left going, yeah, and who helps me?  Miriani is probably another one of those examples, but the overall toxicity that game tends to generate because of its somewhat heavily manipulative and bullying PVP nature... I dunno.  I could probably write a psychology paper on the subject and only be scratching the surface.
And now I'd better leave this topic, as I've already edited this post about three times in the past 4 minutes.