Re: The wheel of time and other fantasy books

@wing of eternity, I'm no expert on the starwars extended universe, but I have heard the idea that the dark and light sides are not as blatantly good or evil. However, the problem is those who expound this theory tend to be people like darth sidius who are usually tempting others to do evil things or use the dark side more anyway, rather the way that a psychopath might espouse nihilism to justify their actions, and in the films themselves, even when people start out with good intentions using the dark side, as Anakin did in attempting to save the lives of his wife and daughter, this unquestionably goes wrong.

WoT's power is %100 different on this point, indeed throughout the series you see good and evil channelers of both types, albeit fewer male channellers over all due to the taint, and some pretty unpleasant things done with both Saidar and Saidin.

I actually remember applauding the first time I saw one of the female forsaken turn up and be bloody scary with Saidar, since as I said, I fully expected Jordan to make the power levels and capabilities between the two halves of the power unequal, and was pleased when he didn't.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : st . mc via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : michaelhoffman1976 via Audiogames-reflector