Re: Disability versus ability

@lucas
I'm afraid you might be generalising there a little bit.
Yes I agree that for many (and probably a mejurity) of the people on here that may be the reason but its by far not 'all'-certainly not all blind people, for those stretch far beyond the extents of this forum.
In my case, if and when i say, "Blindness is not a disability but a different way of looking at things," all I really mean is that I'm aware of what the disability is but when i change my way of referring to it, I do not try to change what it is but my mindset instead, and the mindset of others around me-and move on in life, trying to improve on the things that are indeed in  my control and trying to be a better human being day by-day and aasking the people to have similar expectations from me as well.
So, essentially what you said, except it doesn't have to be the steriotype entitled blindy state of mind necessarily.