Re: Downloading Version 1 of VIPMUD if you don't have a key for Version 2

I feel that this is quickly becoming similar to the NVDA VS. JAWS topics, when all the original poster wanted was to know which version to get. The difference is that VipMud only costs 30 USD. So, let's first try to put this to rest right now before things get out of hand.

In the end, what client you use is going to depend on your needs. Just use what works for you. If you want to write complex scripts, need the scripting support that MUSHclient has, and don't mind screwing around with a ton of XML junk, then use MUSHclient. If you don't mind shelling out 30 USD for a basic client that provides limited scripting support and it meets your needs, then buy and use VipMud. Both clients have their strengths and weaknesses, and those are going to depend on the people using them. Personally, I don't need a ton of scripting support, don't want to deal with a ton of complicated XML junk, and I prefer the simple interface of VipMud. So, I use VipMud.

What I would encourage people to do if they're not sure what client they need is try both and see what they like best. MUSHclient is free, and VipMud has a 30 day full demo. It's risk free.

As for the original question, I didn't think version 1 was on the page anymore. It is though, so here's what I say about that. If you have a key for version 1 and want to use version 2, you'll need to upgrade your registration. If you don't even have a key, then you'll get a key for version 2. If you're happy with version 1, use version 1. I think what's different is mostly where the data files are saved. It's been a while. Everything new in version 2 will be on the page. Again, you can try version 2 to see if you even prefer it over version 1.

Good luck!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DJEPIC via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector