Re: Manamon 2: Impressions Thread

The version I've got ends with fighting Pierre. I haven't read the whole thing because oh my dear god no I'm not doing that in one blast, I think my head would explode.
But I am conflicted about posting the updated version here, particularly at first. I say so because I think the one who really deserves to see it is Aaron. And maybe Mara, since Mara's help was invaluable in getting this ball rolling. I think the real onus here is on Aaron to fix this stuff when it's pointed out, and I'm not certain what benefit there is to showing off the updated text. Please understand, this isn't me saying "no, absolutely not". It's me saying "I'm not sure, so convince me if you think you can". Maybe there are reasons you might bring up that I haven't thought of.

And don't worry, I really don't mind the work. English is my first language, and I've literally edited twelve full-length published novels, although those novels didn't have anywhere near the sort of issues this script has. This one project will be approximately equal to fixing seven or eight of those novels, precisely because the formatting is just busted (no quotes is annoying, especially) and because grammar and weird run-on sentences and missing/misplaced commas abound. These are problems that the author for whom I was working did not have to deal with, for the most part. So yeah, this will be days, maybe even weeks, in the making. And I need to also point out that if Manamon 2 has the same code structure as Manamon 1, then by all accounts it will take Aaron a long, long time to add edits peacemeal to the game. So it might take me a week or two to finish this project - at which point I can send it off to Aaron - but for all I know, it might take Aaron months to update the game, if he can justify it at all. He said he would if I did this for Manamon 1, so here's hoping it holds true for his newer game.